St. Dominic School is an educational ministry of St. Dominic’s Parish in Benicia, California. Our Catholic faith permeates our service-learning curriculum and is the guiding influence in the lives of our faculty, staff, and students. With an emphasis on awakening the saints within, SDS students grow to understand the roots of their faith and what it means to be a disciple of Jesus.
While not all students who attend St. Dominic School are Catholic, all share experiences of faith and are taught the Gospel values of living a moral life. We encourage our students to accept one another rather than exclude, to understand the difference between right and wrong, and to commit themselves to serve God by serving others.
At St. Dominic School, the curriculum includes the incorporation of Catholic Identity across all subjects:
- Religious instruction in all grades
- Attending Daily Mass alongside St. Dominic parishioners once per week in kindergarten through 8th grade
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession) during the liturgical seasons of Advent & Lent
- Sacramental preparation in 2nd grade
- Service projects for students in 6th-8th grade throughout the year
- Studying the Catholic virtues
- Participation in First Friday Mass and Holy Day liturgies through music, lectoring, altar serving, and more